• Slaving Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Slave
• Slav Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of a race of people occupying a large part of Eastern and Northern Europe, including the Russians, Bulgarians, Roumanians, Servo-Croats, Slovenes, Poles, Czechs, Wends or Sorbs, Slovaks, etc.
• Slave Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To drudge; to toil; to labor as a slave.
- (v. t.) To enslave.
- (n.) A person who is held in bondage to another; one who is wholly subject to the will of another; one who is held as a chattel; one who has no freedom of action, but whose person and services are wholly under the control of another.
- (n.) See Slav.
- (n.) One who has lost the power of resistance; one who surrenders himself to any power whatever; as, a slave to passion, to lust, to strong drink, to ambition.
- (n.) An abject person; a wretch.
- (n.) A drudge; one who labors like a slave.