Slip Meaning in Urdu
Slip meaning in English to Urdu is پاؤں رپٹ جانا (Paon ripat jana). Slip synonym words are included Berth, Case, Chemise, Cutting, Dislocate, Eluding, Elusion, Err, faux pas, Gaucherie, Luxate, Miscue, Mistake, Moorage, Mooring, Pillowcase, Shift, Shimmy, Skid, Slew, Slick, Slickness, Slide, Slipperiness, Slue, Sneak, Solecism, Splay, Steal, Strip, Trip. Similar words of Slip are also commonly used in daily talk like as Slipper, Slippery, and Slippery.
- The theif gave a slip to the constable.
- There is many a slip between the cup and the lips.
Similar Words with Urdu Meaning
Slip Definition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A memorandum of the particulars of a risk for which a policy is to be executed. It usually bears the brokers name and is initiated by the underwrites.
- (n.) In a link motion, the undesirable sliding movement of the link relatively to the link block, due to swinging of the link.
- (n.) The retrograde movement on a pulley of a belt as it slips.
- (n.) The difference between the actual and synchronous speed of an induction motor.
- (n.) An inclined plane on which a vessel is built, or upon which it is hauled for repair.
- (n.) An unintentional error or fault; a false step.
- (n.) Any covering easily slipped on.
- (n.) The slip or sheath of a sword, and the like.
- (n.) A long seat or narrow pew in churches, often without a door.
- (n.) The motion of the center of resistance of the float of a paddle wheel, or the blade of an oar, through the water horozontally, or the difference between a vessels actual speed and the speed which she would have if the propelling instrument acted upon a solid; also, the velocity, relatively to still water, of the backward current of water produced by the propeller.
- (v. t.) To let loose in pursuit of game, as a greyhound.
- (v. t.) To omit; to loose by negligence.
- (n.) A counterfeit piece of money, being brass covered with silver.
- (n.) Matter found in troughs of grindstones after the grinding of edge tools.
- (v. t.) To cause to move smoothly and quickly; to slide; to convey gently or secretly.
- (v. t.) To cause to slip or slide off, or out of place; as, a horse slips his bridle; a dog slips his collar.
- (n.) A twig separated from the main stock; a cutting; a scion; hence, a descendant; as, a slip from a vine.
- (n.) To move along the surface of a thing without bounding, rolling, or stepping; to slide; to glide.
- (n.) An outside covering or case; as, a pillow slip.
- (n.) To depart, withdraw, enter, appear, intrude, or escape as if by sliding; to go or come in a quiet, furtive manner; as, some errors slipped into the work.
- (n.) An opening or space for vessels to lie in, between wharves or in a dock; as, Peck slip.
- (n.) To err; to fall into error or fault.
- (n.) To slide; to lose ones footing or ones hold; not to tread firmly; as, it is necessary to walk carefully lest the foot should slip.
- (n.) A portion of the columns of a newspaper or other work struck off by itself; a proof from a column of type when set up and in the galley.
- (n.) A slender piece; a strip; as, a slip of paper.
- (n.) Potters clay in a very liquid state, used for the decoration of ceramic ware, and also as a cement for handles and other applied parts.
- (n.) A loose garment worn by a woman.
- (v. t.) To bring forth (young) prematurely; to slink.
- (n.) An escape; a secret or unexpected desertion; as, to give one the slip.
- (n.) A narrow passage between buildings.
- (n.) A leash or string by which a dog is held; -- so called from its being made in such a manner as to slip, or become loose, by relaxation of the hand.
- (n.) A particular quantity of yarn.
- (n.) A fish, the sole.
- (n.) To move or fly (out of place); to shoot; -- often with out, off, etc.; as, a bone may slip out of its place.
- (v. t.) To cut slips from; to cut; to take off; to make a slip or slips of; as, to slip a piece of cloth or paper.
- (n.) The act of slipping; as, a slip on the ice.
- (n.) A childs pinafore.
- (n.) A dislocation of a lead, destroying continuity.
- (n.) A fielder stationed on the off side and to the rear of the batsman. There are usually two of them, called respectively short slip, and long slip.
Slip Urdu Meaning with Definition
Slip is an English word that is used in many sentences in different contexts. Slip meaning in Urdu is a پاؤں رپٹ جانا - Paon ripat jana. Slip word is driven by the English language. Slip word meaning in English is well described here in English as well as in Urdu. You can use this amazing English to Urdu dictionary online to check the meaning of other words too as the word Slip meaning.
Finding the exact meaning of any word online is a little tricky. There is more than 1 meaning of each word. However the meaning of Slip stated above is reliable and authentic. It can be used in various sentences and Slip word synonyms are also given on this page. Dictionary is a helpful tool for everyone who wants to learn a new word or wants to find the meaning. This English to Urdu dictionary online is easy to use and carry in your pocket. Similar to the meaning of Slip, you can check other words' meanings as well by searching it online.
Top Search Words Meaning In Urdu
Slip Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary