• Slippery Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Wanton; unchaste; loose in morals.
- (a.) Uncertain in effect.
- (a.) Unstable; changeable; mutable; uncertain; inconstant; fickle.
- (a.) Liable to slip; not standing firm.
- (a.) Not affording firm ground for confidence; as, a slippery promise.
- (a.) Not easily held; liable or apt to slip away.
- (a.) Having the quality opposite to adhesiveness; allowing or causing anything to slip or move smoothly, rapidly, and easily upon the surface; smooth; glib; as, oily substances render things slippery.