• Sloth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any one of several species of arboreal edentates constituting the family Bradypodidae, and the suborder Tardigrada. They have long exserted limbs and long prehensile claws. Both jaws are furnished with teeth (see Illust. of Edentata), and the ears and tail are rudimentary. They inhabit South and Central America and Mexico.
- (n.) Slowness; tardiness.
- (n.) Disinclination to action or labor; sluggishness; laziness; idleness.
- (v. i.) To be idle.
• Slothful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Addicted to sloth; inactive; sluggish; lazy; indolent; idle.