• Slug Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A thick strip of metal less than type high, and as long as the width of a column or a page, -- used in spacing out pages and to separate display lines, etc.
- (v. t.) To strike heavily.
- (n.) A ship that sails slowly.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of terrestrial pulmonate mollusks belonging to Limax and several related genera, in which the shell is either small and concealed in the mantle, or altogether wanting. They are closely allied to the land snails.
- (v. t.) To make sluggish.
- (n.) A hindrance; an obstruction.
- (v. i.) To move slowly; to lie idle.
- (v. i.) To become reduced in diameter, or changed in shape, by passing from a larger to a smaller part of the bore of the barrel; -- said of a bullet when fired from a gun, pistol, or other firearm.
- (n.) Any smooth, soft larva of a sawfly or moth which creeps like a mollusk; as, the pear slug; rose slug.
- (n.) An irregularly shaped piece of metal, used as a missile for a gun.
- (n.) A drone; a slow, lazy fellow; a sluggard.
- (v. t.) To load with a slug or slugs; as, to slug a gun.
• Sluggard Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Sluggish; lazy.
- (n.) A person habitually lazy, idle, and inactive; a drone.
• Sluggardize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make lazy.