• Small Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Smallclothes.
- (superl.) Being of slight consequence; feeble in influence or importance; unimportant; trivial; insignificant; as, a small fault; a small business.
- (adv.) In or to small extent, quantity, or degree; little; slightly.
- (superl.) Not prolonged in duration; not extended in time; short; as, after a small space.
- (adv.) Not loudly; faintly; timidly.
- (superl.) Having little size, compared with other things of the same kind; little in quantity or degree; diminutive; not large or extended in dimension; not great; not much; inconsiderable; as, a small man; a small river.
- (n.) Same as Little go. See under Little, a.
- (superl.) Envincing little worth or ability; not large-minded; -- sometimes, in reproach, paltry; mean.
- (v. t.) To make little or less.
- (n.) The small or slender part of a thing; as, the small of the leg or of the back.
- (superl.) Weak; slender; fine; gentle; soft; not loud.
• Smallpox Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A contagious, constitutional, febrile disease characterized by a peculiar eruption; variola. The cutaneous eruption is at first a collection of papules which become vesicles (first flat, subsequently umbilicated) and then pustules, and finally thick crusts which slough after a certain time, often leaving a pit, or scar.
• Smallish Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Somewhat small.