• Sovereign Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Independent of, and unlimited by, any other; possessing, or entitled to, original authority or jurisdiction; as, a sovereign state; a sovereign discretion.
- (n.) Any butterfly of the tribe Nymphalidi, or genus Basilarchia, as the ursula and the viceroy.
- (a.) Princely; royal.
- (n.) The person, body, or state in which independent and supreme authority is vested; especially, in a monarchy, a king, queen, or emperor.
- (n.) A gold coin of Great Britain, on which an effigy of the head of the reigning king or queen is stamped, valued at one pound sterling, or about $4.86.
- (a.) Supreme or highest in power; superior to all others; chief; as, our sovereign prince.
- (a.) Efficacious in the highest degree; effectual; controlling; as, a sovereign remedy.
- (a.) Predominant; greatest; utmost; paramount.
• Sovereignize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To exercise supreme authority.