• Sow Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To scatter seed for growth and the production of a crop; -- literally or figuratively.
- (n.) A channel or runner which receives the rows of molds in the pig bed.
- (n.) The bar of metal which remains in such a runner.
- (n.) A kind of covered shed, formerly used by besiegers in filling up and passing the ditch of a besieged place, sapping and mining the wall, or the like.
- (v. t.) To scatter seed upon, in, or over; to supply or stock, as land, with seeds. Also used figuratively: To scatter over; to besprinkle.
- (v. i.) To sew. See Sew.
- (n.) The female of swine, or of the hog kind.
- (v. t.) To scatter, as seed, upon the earth; to plant by strewing; as, to sow wheat. Also used figuratively: To spread abroad; to propagate.
- (n.) A sow bug.
- (n.) A mass of solidified metal in a furnace hearth; a salamander.
• Sowing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sow
• Sowar Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) In India, a mounted soldier.