• Spare Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Parsimony; frugal use.
- (v. i.) To desist; to stop; to refrain.
- (v. t.) Held in reserve, to be used in an emergency; as, a spare anchor; a spare bed or room.
- (v. i.) To be frugal; not to be profuse; to live frugally; to be parsimonious.
- (v. t.) Slow.
- (v. t.) Being over and above what is necessary, or what must be used or reserved; not wanted, or not used; superfluous; as, I have no spare time.
- (n.) The act of sparing; moderation; restraint.
- (v. t.) Scanty; not abundant or plentiful; as, a spare diet.
- (v. t.) Lean; wanting flesh; meager; thin; gaunt.
- (a.) To save or gain, as by frugality; to reserve, as from some occupation, use, or duty.
- (a.) To keep to ones self; to forbear to impart or give.
- (n.) That which has not been used or expended.
- (a.) To preserve from danger or punishment; to forbear to punish, injure, or harm; to show mercy to.
- (a.) To deprive ones self of, as by being frugal; to do without; to dispense with; to give up; to part with.
- (n.) An opening in a petticoat or gown; a placket.
- (a.) To use frugally or stintingly, as that which is scarce or valuable; to retain or keep unused; to save.
- (v. i.) To refrain from inflicting harm; to use mercy or forbearance.
- (n.) The right of bowling again at a full set of pins, after having knocked all the pins down in less than three bowls. If all the pins are knocked down in one bowl it is a double spare; in two bowls, a single spare.
- (v. t.) Sparing; frugal; parsimonious; chary.
• Spared Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spare
• Spareful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Sparing; chary.