• Spiced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spice
• Spice Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To render nice or dainty; hence, to render scrupulous.
- (v. t.) To fill or impregnate with the odor of spices.
- (n.) A vegetable production of many kinds, fragrant or aromatic and pungent to the taste, as pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, allspice, ginger, cloves, etc., which are used in cookery and to flavor sauces, pickles, etc.
- (n.) Figuratively, that which enriches or alters the quality of a thing in a small degree, as spice alters the taste of food; that which gives zest or pungency; a slight flavoring; a relish; hence, a small quantity or admixture; a sprinkling; as, a spice of mischief.
- (n.) Species; kind.
- (v. t.) To season with spice, or as with spice; to mix aromatic or pungent substances with; to flavor; to season; as, to spice wine; to spice ones words with wit.