• Springe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) A noose fastened to an elastic body, and drawn close with a sudden spring, whereby it catches a bird or other animal; a gin; a snare.
- (v. t.) To catch in a springe; to insnare.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle; to scatter.
• Springer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The impost, or point at which an arch rests upon its support, and from which it seems to spring.
- (n.) The rib of a groined vault, as being the solid abutment for each section of vaulting.
- (n.) The grampus.
- (n.) A variety of the field spaniel. See Spaniel.
- (n.) One who, or that which, springs; specifically, one who rouses game.
- (n.) A young plant.
- (n.) A species of antelope; the sprinkbok.
- (n.) The bottom stone of an arch, which lies on the impost. The skew back is one form of springer.