• Sprout Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to sprout; as, the rain will sprout the seed.
- (v. t.) To shoot into ramifications.
- (v. i.) Young coleworts; Brussels sprouts.
- (v. t.) To shoot, as the seed of a plant; to germinate; to push out new shoots; hence, to grow like shoots of plants.
- (v. t.) To deprive of sprouts; as, to sprout potatoes.
- (v. i.) The shoot of a plant; a shoot from the seed, from the stump, or from the root or tuber, of a plant or tree; more rarely, a shoot from the stem of a plant, or the end of a branch.
• Sprouting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sprout