• Stag Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A castrated bull; -- called also bull stag, and bull seg. See the Note under Ox.
- (n.) The male of certain other species of large deer.
- (n.) The adult male of the red deer (Cervus elaphus), a large European species closely related to the American elk, or wapiti.
- (n.) One who applies for the allotment of shares in new projects, with a view to sell immediately at a premium, and not to hold the stock.
- (v. i.) To act as a "stag", or irregular dealer in stocks.
- (n.) An outside irregular dealer in stocks, who is not a member of the exchange.
- (n.) A colt, or filly; also, a romping girl.
- (v. t.) To watch; to dog, or keep track of.
- (n.) The European wren.
• Stagecoach Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A coach that runs regularly from one stage, station, or place to another, for the conveyance of passengers.
• Staggeringly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a staggering manner.