• Steering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Steer
- () a. & n. from Steer, v.
• Steer Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To direct a vessel in its course; to direct ones course.
- (a.) A young male of the ox kind; especially, a common ox; a castrated taurine male from two to four years old. See the Note under Ox.
- (n.) To direct the course of; to guide; to govern; -- applied especially to a vessel in the water.
- (n.) A helmsman, a pilot.
- (v. t.) A rudder or helm.
- (v. i.) To conduct ones self; to take or pursue a course of action.
- (v. i.) To be directed and governed; to take a direction, or course; to obey the helm; as, the boat steers easily.
- (v. t.) To castrate; -- said of male calves.