• Stolon Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A trailing branch which is disposed to take root at the end or at the joints; a stole.
- (n.) An extension of the integument of the body, or of the body wall, from which buds are developed, giving rise to new zooids, and thus forming a compound animal in which the zooids usually remain united by the stolons. Such stolons are often present in Anthozoa, Hydroidea, Bryozoa, and social ascidians. See Illust. under Scyphistoma.
• Stoloniferous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Producing stolons; putting forth suckers.