Stroke Meaning in Urdu
Stroke meaning in English to Urdu is چوٹ (Choot ). Stroke synonym words are included Apoplexy, Diagonal, Fondle, Separatrix, Shot, Slash, Stroking, Throw, Virgule. Similar words of Stroke are also commonly used in daily talk like as Stroked, Strokes, and Stroker.
Stroke Sentence & Examples
- He had a paralysed stroke two years before in 1868.
- I might have a stroke or a million other things.
- The school clock is on the stroke of 10.
Similar Words with Urdu Meaning
Stroke Definition & Meaning in English
- () In croquet, etc., a shot or stroke in which one drives in different directions ones own and the opponents ball placed in contact.
- (v. t.) Hence, by extension, an addition or amandment to a written composition; a touch; as, to give some finishing strokes to an essay.
- (v. t.) To give a finely fluted surface to.
- (v. t.) Appetite.
- (v. t.) To row the stroke oar of; as, to stroke a boat.
- (v. t.) The act of striking; a blow; a hit; a knock; esp., a violent or hostile attack made with the arm or hand, or with an instrument or weapon.
- (v. t.) A gentle, caressing touch or movement upon something; a stroking.
- (v. t.) The oar nearest the stern of a boat, by which the other oars are guided; -- called also stroke oar.
- (v. t.) A sudden attack of disease; especially, a fatal attack; a severe disaster; any affliction or calamity, especially a sudden one; as, a stroke of apoplexy; the stroke of death.
- (v. t.) To make smooth by rubbing.
- (v. t.) A powerful or sudden effort by which something is done, produced, or accomplished; also, something done or accomplished by such an effort; as, a stroke of genius; a stroke of business; a master stroke of policy.
- (v. t.) The movement, in either direction, of the piston plunger, piston rod, crosshead, etc., as of a steam engine or a pump, in which these parts have a reciprocating motion; as, the forward stroke of a piston; also, the entire distance passed through, as by a piston, in such a movement; as, the piston is at half stroke.
- (v. t.) The rower who pulls the stroke oar; the strokesman.
- (v. t.) The striking of the clock to tell the hour.
- (v. t.) A throb or beat, as of the heart.
- (v. t.) To rib gently in one direction; especially, to pass the hand gently over by way of expressing kindness or tenderness; to caress; to soothe.
- (imp.) Struck.
- (v. t.) To strike.
- (v. t.) The rate of succession of stroke; as, a quick stroke.
- (v. t.) The result of effect of a striking; injury or affliction; soreness.
- (v. t.) A mark or dash in writing or printing; a line; the touch of a pen or pencil; as, an up stroke; a firm stroke.
- (v. t.) One of a series of beats or movements against a resisting medium, by means of which movement through or upon it is accomplished; as, the stroke of a birds wing in flying, or an oar in rowing, of a skater, swimmer, etc.
- (v. t.) Power; influence.
Stroke Urdu Meaning with Definition
Stroke is an English word that is used in many sentences in different contexts. Stroke meaning in Urdu is a چوٹ - Choot . Stroke word is driven by the English language. Stroke word meaning in English is well described here in English as well as in Urdu. You can use this amazing English to Urdu dictionary online to check the meaning of other words too as the word Stroke meaning.
Finding the exact meaning of any word online is a little tricky. There is more than 1 meaning of each word. However the meaning of Stroke stated above is reliable and authentic. It can be used in various sentences and Stroke word synonyms are also given on this page. Dictionary is a helpful tool for everyone who wants to learn a new word or wants to find the meaning. This English to Urdu dictionary online is easy to use and carry in your pocket. Similar to the meaning of Stroke, you can check other words' meanings as well by searching it online.
Top Search Words Meaning In Urdu
Stroke Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary