War in English
meaning in English is
Apoplexy, Diagonal, Fondle, Separatrix and Shot. Similar words of Stroke includes as
Stroke, Stroked, Strokes and Stroker, where
translation in Urdu is
- • A coward is always looked down upon.
- • A warrant has been assued against him.
- • About seven million people were killed in the war.
لفظ کا تعلق اردو زبان سے ہے جس کے معنی ''Stroke'' کے ہیں۔ اس صفحے پر آپ اس لفظ سے متعلق تمام اہم معلومات حاصل کرسکتے ہیں جن میں ترجمہ، ہم معنی الفاظ اور تلفُظ شامل ہیں۔
• Stroke Definition & Meaning in English
- () In croquet, etc., a shot or stroke in which one drives in different directions ones own and the opponents ball placed in contact.
- (v. t.) Hence, by extension, an addition or amandment to a written composition; a touch; as, to give some finishing strokes to an essay.
- (v. t.) To give a finely fluted surface to.
- (v. t.) Appetite.
- (v. t.) To row the stroke oar of; as, to stroke a boat.
- (v. t.) The act of striking; a blow; a hit; a knock; esp., a violent or hostile attack made with the arm or hand, or with an instrument or weapon.
- (v. t.) A gentle, caressing touch or movement upon something; a stroking.
- (v. t.) The oar nearest the stern of a boat, by which the other oars are guided; -- called also stroke oar.
- (v. t.) A sudden attack of disease; especially, a fatal attack; a severe disaster; any affliction or calamity, especially a sudden one; as, a stroke of apoplexy; the stroke of death.
- (v. t.) To make smooth by rubbing.
- (v. t.) A powerful or sudden effort by which something is done, produced, or accomplished; also, something done or accomplished by such an effort; as, a stroke of genius; a stroke of business; a master stroke of policy.
- (v. t.) The movement, in either direction, of the piston plunger, piston rod, crosshead, etc., as of a steam engine or a pump, in which these parts have a reciprocating motion; as, the forward stroke of a piston; also, the entire distance passed through, as by a piston, in such a movement; as, the piston is at half stroke.
- (v. t.) The rower who pulls the stroke oar; the strokesman.
- (v. t.) The striking of the clock to tell the hour.
- (v. t.) A throb or beat, as of the heart.
- (v. t.) To rib gently in one direction; especially, to pass the hand gently over by way of expressing kindness or tenderness; to caress; to soothe.
- (imp.) Struck.
- (v. t.) To strike.
- (v. t.) The rate of succession of stroke; as, a quick stroke.
- (v. t.) The result of effect of a striking; injury or affliction; soreness.
- (v. t.) A mark or dash in writing or printing; a line; the touch of a pen or pencil; as, an up stroke; a firm stroke.
- (v. t.) One of a series of beats or movements against a resisting medium, by means of which movement through or upon it is accomplished; as, the stroke of a birds wing in flying, or an oar in rowing, of a skater, swimmer, etc.
- (v. t.) Power; influence.
War Meaning in English
Urdu word war meaning in English is Stroke. This Urdu to English dictionary is providing the chance to learn the correct spelling of the word Stroke. A huge database is provided here on Hamariweb to improve bilingual skills.
Learn new words along with their meanings and usage. This online Urdu to English dictionary is designed to provide ease in learning and study purpose. Search your desire word and its meaning same as war meaning in the English language with detailed information as synonyms, and similar word are also provided here.
کو انگلش میں کیا کہتے ہیں؟
آج میری دعوت ہے
Aaj Meri Dawat Hai
کو انگلش میں کیا کہتے ہیں؟
Check Out More Word Meaning in Urdu
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary