• Subaltern Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person holding a subordinate position; specifically, a commissioned military officer below the rank of captain.
- (n.) A subaltern proposition.
- (a.) Ranked or ranged below; subordinate; inferior; specifically (Mil.), ranking as a junior officer; being below the rank of captain; as, a subaltern officer.
- (a.) Asserting only a part of what is asserted in a related proposition.
• Subalternation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being subalternate; succession of turns; subordination.