• Summonses Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Summons
• Summons Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) The act of summoning; a call by authority, or by the command of a superior, to appear at a place named, or to attend to some duty.
- (v. t.) To summon.
- (v.) A warning or citation to appear in court; a written notification signed by the proper officer, to be served on a person, warning him to appear in court at a day specified, to answer to the plaintiff, testify as a witness, or the like.
- (v.) A demand to surrender.