• Sweetened Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sweeten
• Sweeten Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) To soften to the eye; to make delicate.
- (a.) To make mild or kind; to soften; as, to sweeten the temper.
- (a.) To restore to purity; to free from taint; as, to sweeten water, butter, or meat.
- (a.) To make warm and fertile; -- opposed to sour; as, to dry and sweeten soils.
- (a.) To make sweet to the taste; as, to sweeten tea.
- (a.) To make pleasing or grateful to the mind or feelings; as, to sweeten life; to sweeten friendship.
- (a.) To make less painful or laborious; to relieve; as, to sweeten the cares of life.
- (a.) To make pure and salubrious by destroying noxious matter; as, to sweeten rooms or apartments that have been infected; to sweeten the air.
- (v. i.) To become sweet.