Belay Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BelayDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To lay on or cover; to adorn.
- (v. t.) To make fast, as a rope, by taking several turns with it round a pin, cleat, or kevel.
- (v. t.) To lie in wait for with a view to assault. Hence: to block up or obstruct.
• Belaying pinDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A strong pin in the side of a vessel, or by the mast, round which ropes are wound when they are fastened or belayed.