Stapling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• staplingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Staple
• StapleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A loop of iron, or a bar or wire, bent and formed with two points to be driven into wood, to hold a hook, pin, or the like.
- (n.) The fiber of wool, cotton, flax, or the like; as, a coarse staple; a fine staple; a long or short staple.
- (a.) Established in commerce; occupying the markets; settled; as, a staple trade.
- (n.) The principal constituent in anything; chief item.
- (n.) A shaft, smaller and shorter than the principal one, joining different levels.
- (a.) Fit to be sold; marketable.
- (n.) Unmanufactured material; raw material.
- (n.) Hence: Place of supply; source; fountain head.
- (v. t.) To sort according to its staple; as, to staple cotton.
- (n.) A settled mart; an emporium; a city or town to which merchants brought commodities for sale or exportation in bulk; a place for wholesale traffic.
- (n.) The principal commodity of traffic in a market; a principal commodity or production of a country or district; as, wheat, maize, and cotton are great staples of the United States.
- (n.) A district granted to an abbey.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or being market of staple for, commodities; as, a staple town.
- (n.) A small pit.
- (a.) Regularly produced or manufactured in large quantities; belonging to wholesale traffic; principal; chief.