Wels Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WelsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The sheatfish; -- called also waller.
• WelsherDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who cheats at a horse race; one who bets, without a chance of being able to pay; one who receives money to back certain horses and absconds with it.
• WelshDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t. & i.) To avoid dishonorably the fulfillment of a pecuniary obligation.
- (v. t. & i.) To cheat by avoiding payment of bets; -- said esp. of an absconding bookmaker at a race track.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Wales, or its inhabitants.
- (n.) The language of Wales, or of the Welsh people.
- (n.) The natives or inhabitants of Wales.