• Tariffed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tariff
• Tariff Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tariff may be imposed solely for, and with reference to, the production of revenue (called a revenue tariff, or tariff for revenue, or for the artificial fostering of home industries (a projective tariff), or as a means of coercing foreign governments, as in case of retaliatory tariff.
- (v. t.) To make a list of duties on, as goods.
- (n.) A schedule, system, or scheme of duties imposed by the government of a country upon goods imported or exported; as, a revenue tariff; a protective tariff; Clays compromise tariff. (U. S. 1833).
- (n.) The duty, or rate of duty, so imposed; as, the tariff on wool; a tariff of two cents a pound.
- (n.) Any schedule or system of rates, changes, etc.; as, a tariff of fees, or of railroad fares.