• Taws Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A leather lash, or other instrument of punishment, used by a schoolmaster.
• Taw Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To dress and prepare, as the skins of sheep, lambs, goats, and kids, for gloves, and the like, by imbuing them with alum, salt, and other agents, for softening and bleaching them.
- (n.) Tow.
- (n.) A line or mark from which the players begin a game of marbles.
- (v. t.) To push; to tug; to tow.
- (n.) A large marble to be played with; also, a game at marbles.
- (v. t.) To prepare or dress, as hemp, by beating; to tew; hence, to beat; to scourge.