• Tell Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To give an account; to make report.
- (v. t.) To make known; to publish; to disclose; to divulge.
- (v. i.) To take effect; to produce a marked effect; as, every shot tells; every expression tells.
- (v. t.) To order; to request; to command.
- (v. t.) To make account of; to regard; to reckon; to value; to estimate.
- (v. t.) To mention one by one, or piece by piece; to recount; to enumerate; to reckon; to number; to count; as, to tell money.
- (v. t.) To utter or recite in detail; to give an account of; to narrate.
- (v. t.) To give instruction to; to make report to; to acquaint; to teach; to inform.
- (v. t.) To discern so as to report; to ascertain by observing; to find out; to discover; as, I can not tell where one color ends and the other begins.
- (n.) That which is told; tale; account.
- (n.) A hill or mound.
• Tellurhydric Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or designating, hydrogen telluride, which is regarded as an acid, especially when in solution.
• Tellurate Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A salt of telluric acid.