• Thousand Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The number of ten hundred; a collection or sum consisting of ten times one hundred units or objects.
- (a.) Hence, consisting of a great number indefinitely.
- (n.) Hence, indefinitely, a great number.
- (a.) Consisting of ten hundred; being ten times one hundred.
- (n.) A symbol representing one thousand units; as, 1,000, M or CI/.
• Thousandfold Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Multiplied by a thousand.
• Thousandth Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Next in order after nine hundred and ninty-nine; coming last of a thousand successive individuals or units; -- the ordinal of thousand; as, the thousandth part of a thing.
- (n.) The quotient of a unit divided by a thousand; one of a thousand equal parts into which a unit is divided.
- (a.) Constituting, or being one of, a thousand equal parts into which anything is divided; the tenth of a hundredth.
- (a.) Occurring as being one of, or the last one of, a very great number; very small; minute; -- used hyperbolically; as, to do a thing for the thousandth time.