• Through Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) From one end or side to the other; as, to pierce a thing through.
- (adv.) To the end; to a conclusion; to the ultimate purpose; as, to carry a project through.
- (prep.) By means of; by the agency of.
- (prep.) From end to end of, or from side to side of; from one surface or limit of, to the opposite; into and out of at the opposite, or at another, point; as, to bore through a piece of timber, or through a board; a ball passes through the side of a ship.
- (prep.) Over the whole surface or extent of; as, to ride through the country; to look through an account.
- (a.) Going or extending through; going, extending, or serving from the beginning to the end; thorough; complete; as, a through line; a through ticket; a through train. Also, admitting of passage through; as, a through bridge.
- (adv.) From beginning to end; as, to read a letter through.
- (prep.) Among or in the midst of; -- used to denote passage; as, a fish swims through the water; the light glimmers through a thicket.
- (prep.) Between the sides or walls of; within; as, to pass through a door; to go through an avenue.
- (prep.) From the beginning to the end of; to the end or conclusion of; as, through life; through the year.
• Throughout Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In every part; as, the cloth was of a piece throughout.
- (prep.) Quite through; from one extremity to the other of; also, every part of; as, to search throughout the house.
• Throughly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Thoroughly.