• Title Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A church to which a priest was ordained, and where he was to reside.
- (n.) An appellation of dignity, distinction, or preeminence (hereditary or acquired), given to persons, as duke marquis, honorable, esquire, etc.
- (n.) The inscription in the beginning of a book, usually containing the subject of the work, the authors and publishers names, the date, etc.
- (n.) An inscription put over or upon anything as a name by which it is known.
- (n.) The panel for the name, between the bands of the back of a book.
- (n.) That which constitutes a just cause of exclusive possession; that which is the foundation of ownership of property, real or personal; a right; as, a good title to an estate, or an imperfect title.
- (n.) A section or division of a subject, as of a law, a book, specif. (Roman & Canon Laws), a chapter or division of a law book.
- (n.) That by which a beneficiary holds a benefice.
- (n.) To call by a title; to name; to entitle.
- (n.) A name; an appellation; a designation.
- (n.) The instrument which is evidence of a right.
• Title-page Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The page of a book which contains it title.