• Traction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The adhesive friction of a wheel on a rail, a rope on a pulley, or the like.
- (n.) Attraction; a drawing toward.
- (n.) The act of drawing, or the state of being drawn; as, the traction of a muscle.
- (n.) Specifically, the act of drawing a body along a plane by motive power, as the drawing of a carriage by men or horses, the towing of a boat by a tug.
• Traction wheel Definition & Synonyms
- () A locomotive driving wheel which acts by friction adhesion to a smooth track.
- () A smooth-rimmed friction wheel for giving motion to an endless link belt or the like.