• Transient Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Hasty; momentary; imperfect; brief; as, a transient view of a landscape.
- (a.) Staying for a short time; not regular or permanent; as, a transient guest; transient boarders.
- (a.) Passing before the sight or perception, or, as it were, moving over or across a space or scene viewed, and then disappearing; hence, of short duration; not permanent; not lasting or durable; not stationary; passing; fleeting; brief; transitory; as, transient pleasure.
- (n.) That which remains but for a brief time.