• Trumpeter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An American swan (Olor buccinator) which has a very loud note.
- (n.) Any one of several species of long-legged South American birds of the genus Psophia, especially P. crepitans, which is abundant, and often domesticated and kept with other poultry by the natives. They are allied to the cranes. So called from their loud cry. Called also agami, and yakamik.
- (n.) A variety of the domestic pigeon.
- (n.) One who proclaims, publishes, or denounces.
- (n.) A large edible fish (Latris hecateia) of the family Cirrhitidae, native of Tasmania and New Zealand. It sometimes weighs as much as fifty or sixty pounds, and is highly esteemed as a food fish.
- (n.) One who sounds a trumpet.