• Tub Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any structure shaped like a tub: as, a certain old form of pulpit; a short, broad boat, etc., -- often used jocosely or opprobriously.
- (n.) An open wooden vessel formed with staves, bottom, and hoops; a kind of short cask, half barrel, or firkin, usually with but one head, -- used for various purposes.
- (n.) The amount which a tub contains, as a measure of quantity; as, a tub of butter; a tub of camphor, which is about 1 cwt., etc.
- (i.) To make use of a bathing tub; to lie or be in a bath; to bathe.
- (n.) A box or bucket in which coal or ore is sent up a shaft; -- so called by miners.
- (n.) A small cask; as, a tub of gin.
- (n.) A sweating in a tub; a tub fast.
- (v. t.) To plant or set in a tub; as, to tub a plant.
• Tubeworm Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any annelid which constructs a tube; one of the Tubicolae.
• Tubivalve Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A shell or tube formed by an annelid, as a serpula.