• Tubercle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small mass or aggregation of morbid matter; especially, the deposit which accompanies scrofula or phthisis. This is composed of a hard, grayish, or yellowish, translucent or opaque matter, which gradually softens, and excites suppuration in its vicinity. It is most frequently found in the lungs, causing consumption.
- (n.) A small knoblike prominence or excrescence, whether natural or morbid; as, a tubercle on a plant; a tubercle on a bone; the tubercles appearing on the body in leprosy.
• Tubercled Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having tubercles; affected with, tubercles; tuberculate; as, a tubercled lung or stalk.