turn Meaning in Arabic
meaning in Arabic is
- Synonyms and related
Act, Become, Bend, Bit, Bout, Crook, Deform, Ferment, Go, Grow, Number, Play, Plough, Plow, Release, Reverse, Rick, Round, Routine, Sour, Spell, Sprain, Tour, Turning, Twist, Work, Wrench. Check out
similar words like Turn-key, Turn-off and Turn-on;
Urdu Translation is
TURN Synonyms & Definition
- (v. t.) To make a turn about or around (something); to go or pass around by turning; as, to turn a corner.
- (v. i.) To be deflected; to take a different direction or tendency; to be directed otherwise; to be differently applied; to be transferred; as, to turn from the road.
- (v. i.) To change from ebb to flow, or from flow to ebb; -- said of the tide.
- (n.) Convenience; occasion; purpose; exigence; as, this will not serve his turn.
- (v. i.) To invert a type of the same thickness, as temporary substitute for any sort which is exhausted.
- (n.) A round of a rope or cord in order to secure it, as about a pin or a cleat.
- (n.) Incidental or opportune deed or office; occasional act of kindness or malice; as, to do one an ill turn.
- (v. t.) To form in a lathe; to shape or fashion (anything) by applying a cutting tool to it while revolving; as, to turn the legs of stools or tables; to turn ivory or metal.
- (n.) Form; cast; shape; manner; fashion; -- used in a literal or figurative sense; hence, form of expression; mode of signifying; as, the turn of thought; a man of a sprightly turn in conversation.
- (v. i.) To become giddy; -- said of the head or brain.
- (v. i.) To become inclined in the other direction; -- said of scales.
- (v. i.) To be changed, altered, or transformed; to become transmuted; also, to become by a change or changes; to grow; as, wood turns to stone; water turns to ice; one color turns to another; to turn Mohammedan.
- (v. t.) To change from a given use or office; to divert, as to another purpose or end; to transfer; to use or employ; to apply; to devote.
- (n.) Change of direction, course, or tendency; different order, position, or aspect of affairs; alteration; vicissitude; as, the turn of the tide.
- (v. i.) To become acid; to sour; -- said of milk, ale, etc.
- (v. i.) Hence, to revolve as if upon a point of support; to hinge; to depend; as, the decision turns on a single fact.
- (n.) A pit sunk in some part of a drift.
- (n.) A circuitous walk, or a walk to and fro, ending where it began; a short walk; a stroll.
- (n.) A fall off the ladder at the gallows; a hanging; -- so called from the practice of causing the criminal to stand on a ladder which was turned over, so throwing him off, when the signal was given.
- (v. t.) To change the form, quality, aspect, or effect of; to alter; to metamorphose; to convert; to transform; -- often with to or into before the word denoting the effect or product of the change; as, to turn a worm into a winged insect; to turn green to blue; to turn prose into verse; to turn a Whig to a Tory, or a Hindu to a Christian; to turn good to evil, and the like.
- (n.) One of the successive portions of a course, or of a series of occurrences, reckoning from change to change; hence, a winding; a bend; a meander.
- (v. i.) To result or terminate; to come about; to eventuate; to issue.
- (n.) Monthly courses; menses.
- (v. t.) To translate; to construe; as, to turn the Iliad.
- (v. t.) To cause to present a different side uppermost or outmost; to make the upper side the lower, or the inside to be the outside of; to reverse the position of; as, to turn a box or a board; to turn a coat.
- (v. t.) Hence, to give form to; to shape; to mold; to put in proper condition; to adapt.
- (v. i.) To bring down the feet of a child in the womb, in order to facilitate delivery.
- (v. i.) To be nauseated; -- said of the stomach.
- (v. t.) To sicken; to nauseate; as, an emetic turns ones stomach.
- (v. i.) To undergo the process of turning on a lathe; as, ivory turns well.
- (n.) A court of record, held by the sheriff twice a year in every hundred within his county.
- (n.) Successive course; opportunity enjoyed by alternation with another or with others, or in due order; due chance; alternate or incidental occasion; appropriate time.
- (v. i.) To move round; to have a circular motion; to revolve entirely, repeatedly, or partially; to change position, so as to face differently; to whirl or wheel round; as, a wheel turns on its axis; a spindle turns on a pivot; a man turns on his heel.
- (n.) A change of condition; especially, a sudden or recurring symptom of illness, as a nervous shock, or fainting spell; as, a bad turn.
- (n.) The act of turning; movement or motion about, or as if about, a center or axis; revolution; as, the turn of a wheel.
- (v. t.) To cause to move upon a center, or as if upon a center; to give circular motion to; to cause to revolve; to cause to move round, either partially, wholly, or repeatedly; to make to change position so as to present other sides in given directions; to make to face otherwise; as, to turn a wheel or a spindle; to turn the body or the head.
- (v. t.) To make acid or sour; to ferment; to curdle, etc.: as, to turn cider or wine; electricity turns milk quickly.
- (n.) An embellishment or grace (marked thus, /), commonly consisting of the principal note, or that on which the turn is made, with the note above, and the semitone below, the note above being sounded first, the principal note next, and the semitone below last, the three being performed quickly, as a triplet preceding the marked note. The turn may be inverted so as to begin with the lower note, in which case the sign is either placed on end thus /, or drawn thus /.
- (v. t.) To give another direction, tendency, or inclination to; to direct otherwise; to deflect; to incline differently; -- used both literally and figuratively; as, to turn the eyes to the heavens; to turn a horse from the road, or a ship from her course; to turn the attention to or from something.
Multi Language Dictionary
Turn ترجمة باللغة العربية: يمكن أن يكون البحث عن المعاني باللغة العربية مفيدًا لفهم السياق بطريقة فعالة۔ يمكنك الحصول على أكثر من ترجمة لكلمة واحدة باللغة العربية۔لقد قمت بالبحث في الكلمة الأوردية Turn مما يعني الدور باللغة الأردية۔ تعريفات الكلمة Turn تم وصفه هنا بأقصى قدر من التفاصيل، وأيضا تغريم المرادفات المختلفة للكلمة Turn ۔ يمكنك العثور على كلمات مثل Turn من Hamariweb.com۔ القاموس بلغات متعددة مثل الأردية، العربية ، الهندية ، الإسبانية ، الفرنسية وغيرها من اللغات۔
Turn Meaning in Arabic: Searching meanings in Arabic can be beneficial for understanding the context in an efficient manner. You can get more than one meaning for one word in Arabic. You have searched the English word "Turn" which meaning "الدور" in Arabic. Turn meaning in Arabic has been searched 7851 times till 26 Mar, 2023. The definitions of the word Turn has been described here with maximum details, and also fined different synonyms for the word Turn. You can listen to the pronunciation of the word Turn in clear voice from this page online through our voice dictionary a unique facility for dedicated users.
You can find words like Turn from Hamariweb.com dictionary in multiple languages like Urdu, Hindi, Spanish, French and other languages. Hamariweb.com dictionary is not only popular among students but also popular among professionals. It is one of the best online dictionaries in the world especially in "English to Arabic Meaning" & "Arabic to English Meaning" of thousands of daily use and typical words.