• Tussock Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A caterpillar of any one of numerous species of bombycid moths. The body of these caterpillars is covered with hairs which form long tufts or brushes. Some species are very injurious to shade and fruit trees. Called also tussock caterpillar. See Orgyia.
- (n.) Same as Tussock grass, below.
- (n.) A tuft, as of grass, twigs, hair, or the like; especially, a dense tuft or bunch of grass or sedge.
• Tussocky Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the form of tussocks; full of, or covered with, tussocks, or tufts.