• Twit Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To vex by bringing to notice, or reminding of, a fault, defect, misfortune, or the like; to revile; to reproach; to upbraid; to taunt; as, he twitted his friend of falsehood.
• Twitlark Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The meadow pipit.
• Twitter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A half-suppressed laugh; a fit of laughter partially restrained; a titter; a giggle.
- (n.) The act of twittering; a small, tremulous, intermitted noise, as that made by a swallow.
- (v. t.) To utter with a twitter.
- (v. i.) To make a succession of small, tremulous, intermitted noises.
- (n.) A slight trembling or agitation of the nerves.
- (n.) One who twits, or reproaches; an upbraider.
- (v. i.) To make the sound of a half-suppressed laugh; to titter; to giggle.
- (v. i.) To have a slight trembling of the nerves; to be excited or agitated.