• Understanded Definition & Synonyms
- () of Understand
• Understand Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To have the use of the intellectual faculties; to be an intelligent being.
- (v. t.) To have just and adequate ideas of; to apprehended the meaning or intention of; to have knowledge of; to comprehend; to know; as, to understand a problem in Euclid; to understand a proposition or a declaration; the court understands the advocate or his argument; to understand the sacred oracles; to understand a nod or a wink.
- (v. t.) To be apprised, or have information, of; to learn; to be informed of; to hear; as, I understand that Congress has passed the bill.
- (v. i.) To be informed; to have or receive knowledge.
- (v. t.) To stand under; to support.
- (v. t.) To mean without expressing; to imply tacitly; to take for granted; to assume.
- (v. t.) To recognize or hold as being or signifying; to suppose to mean; to interpret; to explain.