• Undertaking Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is undertaken; any business, work, or project which a person engages in, or attempts to perform; an enterprise.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Undertake
- (n.) Specifically, the business of an undertaker, or the management of funerals.
- (n.) A promise or pledge; a guarantee.
- (n.) The act of one who undertakes, or engages in, any project or business.
• Undertake Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To take upon ones self, or assume, any business, duty, or province.
- (v. i.) To venture; to hazard.
- (v. t.) To take or have the charge of.
- (v. t.) To have knowledge of; to hear.
- (v. t.) Hence, to guarantee; to promise; to affirm.
- (v. t.) To assume, as a character.
- (v. t.) To take upon ones self; to engage in; to enter upon; to take in hand; to begin to perform; to set about; to attempt.
- (v. i.) To give a promise or guarantee; to be surety.
- (v. t.) To engage with; to attack.
- (v. t.) Specifically, to take upon ones self solemnly or expressly; to lay ones self under obligation, or to enter into stipulations, to perform or to execute; to covenant; to contract.