• Us Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of I
- (pron.) The persons speaking, regarded as an object; ourselves; -- the objective case of we. See We.
• U Definition & Synonyms
- () the twenty-first letter of the English alphabet, is a cursive form of the letter V, with which it was formerly used interchangeably, both letters being then used both as vowels and consonants. U and V are now, however, differentiated, U being used only as a vowel or semivowel, and V only as a consonant. The true primary vowel sound of U, in Anglo-Saxon, was the sound which it still retains in most of the languages of Europe, that of long oo, as in tool, and short oo, as in wood, answering to the French ou in tour. Etymologically U is most closely related to o, y (vowel), w, and v; as in two, duet, dyad, twice; top, tuft; sop, sup; auspice, aviary. See V, also O and Y.
• Usurarious Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Alt. of Usurary
• Usurer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who lends money at a rate of interest beyond that established by law; one who exacts an exorbitant rate of interest for the use of money.
- (n.) One who lends money and takes interest for it; a money lender.