• Ushering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Usher
• Usher Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An under teacher, or assistant master, in a school.
- (n.) An officer or servant who has the care of the door of a court, hall, chamber, or the like; hence, an officer whose business it is to introduce strangers, or to walk before a person of rank. Also, one who escorts persons to seats in a church, theater, etc.
- (v. t.) To introduce or escort, as an usher, forerunner, or harbinger; to forerun; -- sometimes followed by in or forth; as, to usher in a stranger; to usher forth the guests; to usher a visitor into the room.