• Vamp Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To provide, as a shoe, with new upper leather; hence, to piece, as any old thing, with a new part; to repair; to patch; -- often followed by up.
- (n.) Any piece added to an old thing to give it a new appearance. See Vamp, v. t.
- (v. i.) To advance; to travel.
- (n.) The part of a boot or shoe above the sole and welt, and in front of the ankle seam; an upper.
• Vampirism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Belief in the existence of vampires.
- (n.) The actions of a vampire; the practice of bloodsucking.
- (n.) Fig.: The practice of extortion.
• Vamping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Vamp