• Vindicated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Vindicate
• Vindicate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To liberate; to set free; to deliver.
- (v. t.) To support or maintain as true or correct, against denial, censure, or objections; to defend; to justify.
- (v. t.) To maintain, as a law or a cause, by overthrowing enemies.
- (v. t.) To lay claim to; to assert a right to; to claim.
- (v. t.) To avenge; to punish; as, a war to vindicate or punish infidelity.
- (v. t.) To maintain or defend with success; to prove to be valid; to assert convincingly; to sustain against assault; as, to vindicate a right, claim, or title.