• Wane Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The natural curvature of a log or of the edge of a board sawed from a log.
- (v. i.) To decline; to fail; to sink.
- (n.) Decline; failure; diminution; decrease; declension.
- (n.) An inequality in a board.
- (n.) The decrease of the illuminated part of the moon to the eye of a spectator.
- (v. i.) To be diminished; to decrease; -- contrasted with wax, and especially applied to the illuminated part of the moon.
- (v. t.) To cause to decrease.
• Waney Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sharp or uneven edge on a board that is cut from a log not perfectly squared, or that is made in the process of squaring. See Wany, a.