• Waning Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or process of waning, or decreasing.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wane
• Wan Definition & Synonyms
- (imp.) Won.
- (v. i.) To grow wan; to become pale or sickly in looks.
- (n.) The quality of being wan; wanness.
- (a.) Having a pale or sickly hue; languid of look; pale; pallid.
- () of Win
• Wane Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The natural curvature of a log or of the edge of a board sawed from a log.
- (v. i.) To decline; to fail; to sink.
- (n.) Decline; failure; diminution; decrease; declension.
- (n.) An inequality in a board.
- (n.) The decrease of the illuminated part of the moon to the eye of a spectator.
- (v. i.) To be diminished; to decrease; -- contrasted with wax, and especially applied to the illuminated part of the moon.
- (v. t.) To cause to decrease.