• Warm Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Having a sensation of heat, esp. of gentle heat; glowing.
- (a.) To make engaged or earnest; to interest; to engage; to excite ardor or zeal; to enliven.
- (superl.) Subject to heat; having prevalence of heat, or little or no cold weather; as, the warm climate of Egypt.
- (n.) The act of warming, or the state of being warmed; a warming; a heating.
- (superl.) Violent; vehement; furious; excited; passionate; as, a warm contest; a warm debate.
- (a.) To communicate a moderate degree of heat to; to render warm; to supply or furnish heat to; as, a stove warms an apartment.
- (superl.) In childrens games, being near the object sought for; hence, being close to the discovery of some person, thing, or fact concealed.
- (superl.) Having yellow or red for a basis, or in their composition; -- said of colors, and opposed to cold which is of blue and its compounds.
- (v. i.) To become ardent or animated; as, the speake/ warms as he proceeds.
- (v. i.) To become warm, or moderately heated; as, the earth soon warms in a clear day summer.
- (superl.) Fig.: Not cool, indifferent, lukewarm, or the like, in spirit or temper; zealous; ardent; fervent; excited; sprightly; irritable; excitable.
- (superl.) Having heat in a moderate degree; not cold as, warm milk.
- (superl.) Being well off as to property, or in good circumstances; forehanded; rich.
• Warmthless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Being without warmth; not communicating warmth; cold.
• Warmouth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An American freshwater bream, or sunfish (Chaenobryttus gulosus); -- called also red-eyed bream.