• Wassail Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An occasion on which such good wishes are expressed in drinking; a drinking bout; a carouse.
- (v. i.) To hold a wassail; to carouse.
- (n.) An ancient expression of good wishes on a festive occasion, especially in drinking to some one.
- (n.) The liquor used for a wassail; esp., a beverage formerly much used in England at Christmas and other festivals, made of ale (or wine) flavored with spices, sugar, toast, roasted apples, etc.; -- called also lambs wool.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to wassail, or to a wassail; convivial; as, a wassail bowl.
- (n.) A festive or drinking song or glee.
• Wassailer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who drinks wassail; one who engages in festivity, especially in drinking; a reveler.