• Whirled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Whirl
• Whirl Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Anything that moves with a whirling motion.
- (v. t.) To remove or carry quickly with, or as with, a revolving motion; to snatch; to harry.
- (v. t.) A revolving hook used in twisting, as the hooked spindle of a rope machine, to which the threads to be twisted are attached.
- (v. i.) To be turned round rapidly; to move round with velocity; to revolve or rotate with great speed; to gyrate.
- (v. t.) To turn round rapidly; to cause to rotate with velocity; to make to revolve.
- (v. i.) To move hastily or swiftly.
- (v. t.) A turning with rapidity or velocity; rapid rotation or circumvolution; quick gyration; rapid or confusing motion; as, the whirl of a top; the whirl of a wheel.
- (v. t.) A whorl. See Whorl.