• Wicket Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A place of shelter made of the boughs of trees, -- used by lumbermen, etc.
- (n.) A small framework at which the ball is bowled. It consists of three rods, or stumps, set vertically in the ground, with one or two short rods, called bails, lying horizontally across the top.
- (n.) The space between the pillars, in postand-stall working.
- (n.) The ground on which the wickets are set.
- (n.) A small gate by which the chamber of canal locks is emptied, or by which the amount of water passing to a water wheel is regulated.
- (n.) A small gate or door, especially one forming part of, or placed near, a larger door or gate; a narrow opening or entrance cut in or beside a door or gate, or the door which is used to close such entrance or aperture. Piers Plowman.