• Wicking Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) the material of which wicks are made; esp., a loosely braided or twisted cord or tape of cotton.
• Wick Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Wich
- (n.) A bundle of fibers, or a loosely twisted or braided cord, tape, or tube, usually made of soft spun cotton threads, which by capillary attraction draws up a steady supply of the oil in lamps, the melted tallow or wax in candles, or other material used for illumination, in small successive portions, to be burned.
- (v. i.) To strike a stone in an oblique direction.
• Wicke Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Wicked.